- Pulmonary Function Testing - A PFT is a series of breathing maneuvers that measure lung volumes and help diagnose specific lung diseases.
- Sleep Studies - A sleep study is an overnight test that will determine if a person suffers from sleep disorders. A sleep study will diagnose obstructive sleep apnea.
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation - This class is specifically for people who suffer with COPD and breathing difficulties. The class helps individuals manage and improve their shortness of breath as well as increase endurance.
- Therapy Modalities - Therapies include: aerosol treatments, metered-dose inhalers, incentive spirometery, positive expiratory pressure (PEP), chest percussion, oxygen therapy, oxygen monitoring, as well as other modalities.
- Patient Education - Patient education is offered for: use of continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP), asthma management, metered-dose inhaler technique, smoking cessation, oxygen use, and breathing retraining.
For more information:
- American Lung Association - 800-586-4872
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America - 800-727-8462
- US COPD Coalition
Our Respiratory Therapy Department is staffed by registered respiratory therapists Monday through Friday. For quality care, every time, call 402-274-4366.